TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter of this competition is Techtronic Industries (UK) Ltd (“Promoter”) whose registered office is at Unit 3, Globeside Business Park, Fieldhouse Ln, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 1HZ.
2. This competition is open to all UK residents and UK property owners in the United Kingdom, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the date of entry. The competition is limited to one entry per person for the entire competition period.
3. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found here http://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/milwaukee-uk/win-a-mancave/ . Details of entry to the competition are as follows:
i. Entry is through the Milwaukee UK website at the link above.
ii. Entrants must submit a photo of their work place and explain why they deserve a relaxing man cave to go home to and must complete the form requiring personal details for the Promoter to contact the respective winners.
iii. Prizes for the competition are:
Winners Prize Number of prizes to be awarded
1st prize (“1st Prize”) Man Cave One (1)
2nd prize One-Key Twin Packs Three (3)
3rd prize Milwaukee Red Stick Thirty (30)
iii. All entrants must be the legal property owners in which the 1st Prize will be installed and fitted by the Promoter’s nominated supplier, The Mancave Company NE Ltd (the “Supplier”). Entrants must ensure they have clear and adequate space at the property solely legally owned by them as of commencement of the competition for the 1st Prize to be installed and fitted, in accordance with Annex 1 as provided by the Supplier. The winner of the 1st Prize will be responsible for ensuring the space has been cleared to avoid any delay in the Supplier providing the 1st Prize. At the request of the Promoter, winner of the 1st Prize must provide legal proof of sole ownership of the property and any other documentation necessary in proving compliance with this competition. Winners are solely responsible for any costs incurred in verifying legal ownership of the property with respect of the 1st Prize.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT: AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THIS COMPETITION AND ACCEPTING THE 1ST PRIZE, YOU MUST HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY NECESSARY PERMITS AND APPROVALS, TO BE ABLE TO HAVE THE 1ST PRIZE FITTED AND INSTALLED AND MUST GRANT PROMOTER AND THE SUPPLIER OF THE 1ST PRIZE THE RIGHT TO ENTER YOUR RESIDENCE TO FIT AND INSTALL SUCH 1ST PRIZE AS WELL AS TO TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS AND/OR AUDIOVISUAL RECORDINGS OF THE 1ST PRIZE BEFORE, DURING AND UPON THE COMPLETION OF FITTING AND INSTALLATION AT THE PROPERTY LEGALLY OWNED BY THE WINNER.
4. The competition begins at 17:00pm on 06.02.2017 and ends at 11:59pm on 30/06/2017. Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason
5. All winners will be announced no later than 28 days after the end of the competition and must accept the prizes awarded within 14 days of notification (the “Prize Acceptance Period”). If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner out of the selected runner-up prize winners. The 1st Prize will be installed within 12 months from the Prize Acceptance Period.
6. At the Promoter’s request, entrants must provide evidence that they are entitled to participate. Employees, officers and directors of Techtronic Industries (UK) Ltd and its affiliated companies or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition. Proof of eligibility to enter the competition may be required and prizes withheld until Promoter is fully satisfied the above criteria are met. If at a later date the Promoter or its Supplier requests additional assignments, certificates or other documents in order to provide the winner with the prize, the winner agrees to promptly provide any and all requested documentation to the Promoter and/or the Supplier. The winner shall bear any and all costs associated with the provision of additional documentation.
7. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition; however internet connection and mobile data rates may apply to the entrant. The cost of accessing the competition website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual internet service provider and shall be the responsibility of the entrant only. Promoter holds no liability to entrant costs.
8. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or the like will not be accepted. We will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking of identity by manipulating IP addresses, using any false identity or any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the competition (to be determined at our absolute discretion) . Any entrant found to be cheating will be excluded.
9. All content submitted as part of a submission must be the property of the entrant submitting it and it must not have been published elsewhere. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any law within the United Kingdom or any other applicable laws of the Promoter or any terms and conditions of any affected and relevant third parties, including any health and safety regulations. Entrants are also responsible for ensuring that any relevant consent has been granted by any subjects of the work submitted, including their employer and fellow employees. No content submitted can depict in any way, including that of any third parties, any inappropriate, offensive, illegal, reckless, life threatening or dangerous behaviour. Entrants agree to indemnify Promoter from and against all claims, demands, losses, expenses and costs (including legal costs) which we may incur arising from any third party claims or demands in relation to breach of any intellectual property rights.
10. Whilst intellectual property rights in any content remains with the relevant entrant, each entrant grants a royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Promoter to feature any or all of the content so submitted in any of Promoter’s marketing or publicity material whatsoever.
12. The winner(s) of all prizes will be chosen by a panel in which one independent member is appointed by the Promoter in accordance with the selection criteria outlined below and will be contacted via the email address provided during entry into the competition. Winners shall be selected using a point based system taking into account the following judging criteria:
i. the most creative photo uploaded; and
ii. the most persuasive description of why they deserve to win the 1st Prize.
13. Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
14. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. All prizes are subject to manufacturer warranties. The 1st Prize is subject to the Supplier’s standard warranties which shall be supplied by the Supplier and the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for damages, losses, or injury connected to or resulting from the fitting or installation of the 1st Prize.
15. Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance and agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. If any provision of these terms and conditions are held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
19. To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which any entrant may suffer arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize itself (whether in contract, tort or under statute or otherwise).
20. Except as prohibited by law, Promoter reserves the right to terminate this competition in the event of a force majeure or other failures or difficulties. If, for any reason, the competition is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, insolvency of the Supplier or any other causes beyond the control of Promoter, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this competition, Promoter may, in its sole discretion, (i) void any suspect entry or (ii) suspend the competition to address the impairment and then resume the competition in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of terms and conditions. Promoter reserves the right to suspend or modify this competition at any time without notice or obligation. If such modification or suspension occurs, Promoter will make a commercially reasonable effort to post notice of such on Promoter’s website.
The 1st Prize winner’s property must be located in the United Kingdom and free from any planning or alteration restrictions and able to receive the 1st Prize without third party consent.
The specification for the 1st Prize is outlined in Annex 1 as provided by The Mancave Company NE Ltd.
The Mancave Company NE Ltd whose registered office is 54 Buttermere Avenue, Middlesbrough, United Kingdom, TS5 7BA.
Legal proof of ownership is the equivalent of Title or Deed documentation obtained from the Land Registry.
The Supplier is a separately incorporated entity to the Promoter.